Create a unified communications experience with one of the most robust Communication APIs around. Enable voice, messaging, or mail communications into applications with just a few lines of code. Ytel API is a RESTful API that fuels communications, engagements and interactions.
Let's get started!
Visit the Ytel API web portal Sign up and sign up for a Ytel API account. You will need to verify your phone number.
Once the form is filled out, you’ll receive a confirmation email to guide you through setting up and configuring your account.
Buy a number from the top menu bar.
Your API credentials are visible once you complete the account sign up and verification process and login for the first time. Understanding where your Account SID and Token are located is the first step using the API platform. On the dashboard, your Account SID and Token is in the upper right.
Once your account is verified, you’ll see your API credentials when logging in. To use the API platform, note your Account SID and Token located in the AccountSid & AuthToken section below your Account Balance.
Location of your Account SID and token in the Dashboard
Our The API Reference page provides in depth details about our APIs. To send your first SMS make sure you have the following:
- A phone number purchased from our API Portal
- Your Account SID
- Your token
The image below highlights the pertinent fields you will be completing.
Click Image to Enlarge
Four steps for sending your first SMS:
- Enter in the “From” number. This is the number you purchased in the Ytel API portal. It should be entered in the E.164 format e.g. +14445556666.
- Enter in the “To” number. This is the mobile number where you will receive the SMS. It should be entered in the E.164 format e.g. +14445556666.
- Type in the message to send to yourself. (One message is 160 characters in length.)
- Click the “Try It” button. You will be prompted to enter in your username and password. Your Account SID is your username and your Token is your password.
View our SDK Libraries